Monday, November 17, 2008

Drug talk

In the medical line, we sometimes refer medicine as a drug. Or a proper word is pharmacotherapy. When I said to non-medical personnel that I have to attend a drug talk, I will usually get a blank stare and a look of astonishment in return. Before the question of ethics arise, I will usually explain that drug is actually medicine that we use to treat patients and drug talk is a talk organized by a drug company about a particular brand of medicine and its uses.

Last Saturday, I attended a drug talk in Hotel Nikko. The food was great! haha.. ok the talk was great too. I bumped into my uni-mate, who is currently the medical advisor for the company. He is currently not seeing patients and earning big bucks. He is happily settled in his current job while we continue our years of slavery (pun intended!). But don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him. Anyway, the speakers were two distinguised professors; one from Harvard University and the other from National University of Singapore.

At the end of the talk.. there was the Q&A session and moi asked a question. It was well received. If I were a guy, I would be labelled as a male chauvinistic pig because this is what the entry is all about. Moi asked a question :p

No comments: